Covid 19 statement
Here at Fruidel we take the health and safety of our staff and customers with the up most seriousness. That’s why we’re keeping up to date with the latest updates during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Recently the Food Standard Agency released guidance in accordance with the NHS that stated ‘’it is very unlikely you can catch coronavirus from food’’. You can read all about that guidance here.
Every aspect of our fruit distribution has always been in line with the regulated HACCP system and that is something we’re very proud of. However, in light of the current pandemic we’ve carried out COVID-19 risk assessments in all our office and warehouse spaces. In result of these
assessments we’ve introduced some extra safety measures. We’ve listed these below so you know you can safely enjoy your Fruidel deliveries.
Strict Social Distancing rules
- Every aspect of our business has strict Social Distancing measures in place – from the guys in the office, the drivers in the vans to the packers in our warehouses. At no point will any of our staff be closer than 2 meters apart as per the current Government guidelines.
- This means our fruit packers have complete separate packing tables and we’ve introduced markings on the warehouse floors, so they know exactly where to safely stand.
- All our staff have committed to staggered working patterns and breaks meaning we don’t experience build ups of people in specific areas
- Our drivers and fruit packers will constantly be wearing a mask and gloves from the moment they begin their day at Fruidel
- Hand sanitizer is provided to every single member of staff as well as facilities to wash their hands at regular intervals
- All working surfaces will be regularly disinfected by members of staff
- Fruidel’s regional transport managers have trained our drivers on how to deliver all our produce in a socially distant friendly way
- Your delivery can be placed anywhere in your office. Whether this is outside your door or a specifically instructed area – all Fruidel deliveries will be strictly contactless
- As always, our vans will be cleaned inside and out as soon as a driver finishes their round for the day. This will be monitored and recorded by our Transport Managers
Get In Touch
As the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic constantly changes, we will make sure we’re updated with the situation and how it affects the way Fruidel operates. Fruidel can guarantee that we will be conducting daily risk assessments as well as closely following the FSA, the NHS and the Government’s latest advice.