Posted February 27th, 2020 by Fruidel Team
- 8 tomatoes, halved
- 3 handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tsp fresh chives, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp white or wholemeal breadcrumbs (dried not fresh)
- 4 tsp parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan oven 170°C/gas mark 5.
2. Arrange the tomatoes, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with the dried herbs and chives (if using) and season with black pepper. Roast for 10 minutes, then sprinkle the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese over them. Roast for 5 more minutes.
If you’re vegetarian, make sure you choose a vegetarian version of parmesan cheese.
3. Meanwhile, toast the bread. Place the toast on warmed plates and share the tomatoes between them. Sprinkle with a little extra black pepper, then serve.
887kJ / 212kcal
33.5g carbohydrate of which 9g sugars
5g fat of which 2g saturates
353mg sodium equivalent to 0.8g salt
Fruidel – working in partnership with Change4life.